It’s no secret that wall sconces can add serious drama. In fact, simply adding a pair of sconces without changing anything else can refresh the whole room. Not only do they add glowing eye-level light, but they also dress up blank walls and fill in negative space (like the area above a fireplace). I’m continually surprised and delighted by the sconces I find when I’m sourcing new lighting and my favorites du jour are the ribboned and tasseled variety that keep cropping up in showrooms (image above courtesy of my personal fave, Coleen & Company).
I’m a sucker for traditional trimmings so tassels and ribbons fall right in line with my aesthetic, but several of the new options also offer punchy colors and sleekly interpretive details that would jive well with a more transitional or even mid-century vibe. Here are a few of my top picks – and if you like what you see, we can help you procure a pair at a trade discount (where applicable).
- Graceful Ribbon Sconce from Barbara Barry for Visual Comfort, $525
- The Tassel Sconce from Coleen & Company, $975
- Rope Sconce from Casa Acanto, $695
- Currey & Co Baron Wall Sconce, $470
- Ellery Sconce from Kate Spade, $380
- Vintage Gilt Wood Tassel Sconces, $950/pair
- Tori Bali Brass Wall Sconce from Feiss, $139