Five Favorite Finds for Spring
Although it’s been raining every other day here in New York, it’s so nice to see glimmers of spring. There’s a cherry tree starting to bloom outside my office window; my boys are spending every afternoon biking and scooting around the neighborhood; and many of our projects are moving out of the “on paper” phase and into the “installation” phase. Yay all around.
Since we spend a large swath of each day sourcing for clients – whether it’s hunting for foundation pieces or finishing touches – we wanted to share five of our favorite finds for spring. These are fun, whimsical pieces that help infuse any space with a little of that cheery optimism that makes spring feel so special:
1. Palecek’s Coco Magnolia Chandelier (MSRP: $1948; trade pricing available): Hand-cut coco shells in the shape of cascading petals? Yes please. Remy and I are both suckers for fabulous lighting, it’s one of our favorite parts of conjuring up a design scheme. We proposed this piece to a client after spying it at High Point Market because we couldn’t take our eyes off its sweetly irreverent silhouette. I adore it…so much so that I’m contemplating switching out something in my own home just so I can gaze at it every day.
2. Madeline Weinrib’s Camilla Rug (MSRP: starting at $3,000 for a 6×9; trade pricing available): Florals for spring? Stop the presses. But this beautiful botanical rug is just so lovely I couldn’t resist. One of our clients is refreshing her daughter’s room and we are hoping to pair one with a midnight-blue, bird-bedecked wallpaper from Galbraith & Paul and Pinwheel Nightstands from Kindel. If her daughter approves, of course…she has the final word.
3. Beacon Hill’s Moon Blossom (MSRP: $198/yard, trade pricing available): This plus-size print feels magical and exotic, and its massive repeat means you can pick and choose which part of the pattern to highlight. I just love the mix of cool gray-blues and orchid-purples in the “Midnight” colorway. It’s no wonder Moon Blossom is perpetually backordered but we just snagged some yardage to dress up a client’s dining room.
4. Vintage Suzani-Upholstered Carved Wooden Chairs (asking price for pair, $4,600): I don’t know for whom or for where, but these chairs are calling to me. Everything from the white-washed carved wood arm-rests to the embroidered silk Suzani upholstery with its happy pops of poppy-red make this pair of pretty ladies sing. I want them.
5. Phillips Collection River Stone Coffee Table (MSRP: $1,800, trade pricing available): We love layering in little eclectic touches – when it suits our clients’ tastes – and this unusual pebble-shaped coffee table masters that mix perfectly. Available in two sizes, its organic shape makes a great tableau for pretty accessories but it also stands up as a showpiece on its own. Plus, its lack of edges makes it unusually kid-friendly… Love it.
Leave a Reply